EKOenergy’s Board is the highest governing authority within the management structure.
- endorses the organisation’s strategy
- decides on the criteria
- decides on the acceptability of production devices
- decides on the use of the EKOenergy Environmental Fund and the EKOenergy Climate Fund
- appoints the head of the EKOenergy Secretariat
Every EKOenergy member organisation appoints one person to the Board. Click here for a list of the Board members.
The Advisory Group is appointed by the EKOenergy Board. The appointment is valid for 2 years and can be renewed.
In the Advisory Group there are reserved seats for the following stakeholder groups:
- Environmental NGOs: both environmental umbrella organisations at European level and national/regional NGOs
- The electricity industry (producers, traders and suppliers)
- Consumers of EKOenergy, their branch organisations and consumers’ organisations
Others possible members such as authorities are involved in the implementation of the Guarantees of Origin system.
The Advisory Group can give input on any issue related to EKOenergy. The Advisory Group is actively informed about the Board’s agenda. The Board has to respond within 2 months to comments and questions of the members of the Advisory Group. The Advisory Group nominates the members of the EKOenergy Arbitration Panel with a ¾ majority.
Click here for the list with members of the Advisory Group.
The daily management of EKOenergy is in the hands of a Secretariat. The tasks of the Secretariat include:
- Ensuring the management and operation of EKOenergy
- Representing EKOenergy in its external relations and establishing contacts
- Providing services to stakeholders
- Organising, preparing and keeping track of all meetings of the EKOenergy structure
- Preparing documents to assist decision making on budgets and action plans
- Preparing internal and external reports
- Supporting the publication and dissemination of information
- Taking on the financial administration of the association
Click here for an overview of the staff and volunteers of the EKOenergy Secretariat.
EKOenergy’s Arbitration Panel takes a final decision in disputes between EKOenergy and the members of the Network, as well as in disputes between EKOenergy and its licensees.
So far, no cases have been referred to the Arbitration Panel.
Click here for more information about the rules and the composition of the Arbitration Panel.