Aspektet e mbuluara nga EKOenergy
– For the most up-to-date information on our criteria, please see the English version of this page. Select the language in the menu at the top of this page –
Renewable, but more
EKOenergy përcakton kriteret për elementet e mëposhtme:
- Kriteret e informacionit të konsumatorit: Sellers of EKOenergy have to inform consumers and potential consumers about the origin of their EKOenergy labelled electricity. They have to mention at least the country of origin and the type of renewable energy. In parallel, the EKOenergy network invests time and energy in informing all consumers about the environmental impacts of electricity production.
- Kriteret e qëndrueshmërise së riprodhimit: EKOenergy is renewable electricity. On top, it fulfills the sustainability criteria set by the EKOenergy Network. For wind, solar and geothermal we have geographical criteria. Hydropower can only be sold as EKOenergy if it comes from power plants which have been accepted by the EKOenergy Board. For biomass, there are criteria for the origin of the biomass and for the efficiency of the production process.
- Kriteret mbi klimën dhe shtueshmërinë
- Kriteret mbi ndjekjen e garancioneve te origjines: Only electricity which is properly tracked can be sold as EKOenergy. In Europe, this has of course to happen via the Guarantees of Origin system, as regulated by European legislation. In other countries we work with the I-REC system.
- Kriteret e auditimit dhe verifikimit
The criteria are also listed in our main document, the text ‘EKOenergy – Network and label‘, approved by the EKOenergy Network in February 2013 and downloadable in more than 20 languages.